Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Butterflies Galore!

Ok, I don't do color challenges very often, but I was feeling guilty about how I have been wasting my precious time off by just stalking the SU Convention threads! So I decided to do a NAC (Not Attending Convention) challenge posted on the demo side at SCS. The challenge was to use SO Saffron, More Mustard, and Tempting Turquoise. And this is what I came up with. It's growing on me, but definitely not my best work, LOL!
first I stamped the butterfly in all the colors on So Saffron paper, distressed the edges, and inked the edges of More Mustard card base and So Saffron piece with More Mustard ink.
Then I stamped the sentiment on So Saffron and matted with the other 2 colors. Then I stamped the butterfly in More Mustard on So Saffron and cut it out.
Used 2 way glue pen to add Dazzling Diamonds to the wings and antenna, then popped it up on corner of sentiment .
Stamps: Dreams du Jour
Paper: So Saffron, More Mustard, and Tempting Turquoise
Ink: same
Accessories: 2 way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, detail scissors, dimensionals, distressing tool from Cutter Kit

2 comments:

Two Happy Stampers said...

I like it! I like the butterflies. Also, thanks for posting the sites where the rest of us can stalk to convention! I am so excited about some of the new stuff I saw! Wow!

Nevis said...

Wow...! Such a gorgeous card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails