Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Anyone?

I felt like doing a couple of birthday cards this evening. I actually had a sleeping idea of a card. I don't remember exactly what the card in my dream looked like, but I remembered the color scheme and that it was a birthday card. Do I usually dream up my ideas for cards while sleeping? I should be so lucky, lol!

I have had that ribbon for ages and use a little here and a little there, but this is the first paper I have had that really matches the color of the dots! But alas, it is not SU. And that star brad is also from years ago, I found a box of 200 brads in gold and silver of hearts, stars and squares. That's a lot of big brads!

  • Stamps: Party Hearty, Classic Stars JW
  • Paper: Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip
  • Ink: Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: CAD, gold eyelets, white gel pen, star brad, ribbon, dimensionals, 1-3/4" circle punch, scallop circle punch, 1" circle punch


This is another card using basically the same layout, color scheme, and sets. I just changed it up a little bit. I took a 1/2" wide strip of Choc Chip and ran it through the paper crimper, glued it to the card front, then used the white gel pen to make white stripes in the valleys. The matted B is up on dimensionals also.

Hope you like them! I am feeling the creativity starting to come back! Of course I go back to work on Monday night so I hope I get to use more of it before then :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails