Saturday, October 10, 2009

Falling for Thanksgiving



How about a Thanksgiving card? This is a 4x4 notecard that turned out just like I imagined it would! That doesn't happen very often, I can tell you. Most of the time my projects have a way of developing as I go rather than a formed idea from the start. It helps that I get to use some of my favorite colors, the Earth Elements :)
I never would have thought to send a Thanksgiving card, but wouldn't you love to receive a little note from a loved one? Especially if you know you won't be able to get together over the holiday. It would be a nice addition to a hostess gift, not necessarily the SU workshop kind either :)
I paper pierced around the Olive mat, and made faux stitching around all of the images with either Soft Suede marker or white gel pen. The white squares are 1-1/4" matted onto the scallop Square punch, and popped up on dimensionals. I used Ruby Red, Soft Suede, and More Mustard markers to ink the acorn stamp, punched out with the 1-1/4" circle and matted on a 1-3/8" circle. I stuck cut up dimensional on the center corners of the 4 leaves, then stuck the matted acorn embellie to it so it would pop a little higher than the others.

  • Stamps: Falling Leaves, Bright Blessings JW


  • Paper: Ruby Red, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Whisper White


  • Ink: Ruby Red, Old Olive, More Mustard, Dusty Durango, Soft Suede


  • Other: Scallop Square, 1-1/4", 1-3/8" circle punches, dimensionals, paper piercer and mat pack, Signo white gel pen

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Tanya!
Love this card. Great idea for this set!

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love this set. TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails