Welcome to the Stampin Addicts Summer Mini Blog Hop! There are 23 stops on this hop, each one featuring a different stamp set or product from the Summer Mini which starts on May 1st! If you joined at the beginning of the hop, or somewhere in between, you will have arrived here from Deb Burgin's blog where she featured All a Flutter. Didn't she do a beautiful job?!
I will be showing you several things I have done with Motorcycle. Now, you may ask how I could come up with a variety of projects using a single stamp. I have to tell you that it was not as hard as you may think because this stamp coordinates so well with so many of our sets! This stamp can represent so many things like: Freedom, Strength, Journeys, Achievement, Moving Forward, Dreams, Rebel, Leadership, Individualism .... I could go on and on! And I live in a house full of testosterone, lol! Even my daughter and I are tomboys...
So here is my first group of projects:
I found I couldn't stop with just one card! I had to restrain myself from doing more for the blog hop, but alas, I am only allowed 3 photos in this post, lol!
Ok, so starting at the top, I made a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 card for Father's Day focusing on Making a Difference. All the good dad's do!
- Stamps: Motorcycle, Rough Type, Happy Grad, Sentimental Journey, Sanded BG
- Paper: Ruby Red, Kraft, Summer Sun
- Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Summer Sun, Real Red
- Other: Distressing tool from Cutter Kit, Signo white gel pen, Corner Rounder punch, Paper Piercer with Mat Pack, Real Red brads, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button, Stampin Dimensionals
- Stamps: Motorcycle, Sentimental Journey, Sanded BG
- Paper: Brilliant Blue, Dusty Durango, Kraft
- Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Brilliant Blue, Dusty Durango
- Other: Corner Rounder punch, Signo white gel pen, Silver brads, Paper Piercer with Mat Pack, Stampin Dimensionals
- Stamps: Motorcycle, Pedaling Past, Happy Grad
- Paper: Creamy Caramel, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Naturals Ivory
- Ink: Chocolate Chip
- Other: Corner Rounder punch, Paper Snips, Paper Piercer with Mat Pack, Gold Brads, Mini Glue Dots, scoring blade on paper cutter, Distressing tool from the Cutter Kit
This is a 12x12 page I did that was a nebulous idea in my head ever since I saw the Motorcycle and Pedaling Past sets in the Mini! Kind of representing a coming of age, or progressing through the stages of life represented by the kind of bike you would ride. This page only touches on that theme, but I am sure I will get more use out of that thought, lol! The full sheet of card stock used for the background has the Motorcycle image stamped all over it, then it is spritzed with the new Log Cabin Smooch Spritz. It gives a really intense bronze like coverage so you really need to hold it a ways away from your page. I almost started over because it was so heavy, but I decided to just go with it. I also spritzed the title blocks only a little lighter this time!
- Stamps: Motorcycle, Pedaling Past, Rough Type
- Paper: Creamy Caramel, Real Red, Bermuda Bay
- Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Bermuda Bay
- Other: Distressing tool from the Cutter Kit, Paper Piercer with Mat Pack, Signo white gel pen, Circle Designer Brads, Real Red Brads, Real Red Corduroy Buttons, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz, crochet thread, Stampin Dimensionals, Bermuda Bay polka dot ribbon
And my last 2 projects! See, I told you I had to stop myself from doing more stuff for the blog hop! I'll save the rest for later, lol...
On the right I have a little gift box using the Box #2 die and the round Sweet Treat Cups! How darn cute is that I ask you?! I made a pocket inside the box with a matching 1-3/4" circle to hold the tag, which in turn holds the M&M's in but gives easy access to them! I got the idea for the pocket with a tag from Kim, who is #16 on this Blog Hop. Putting it on a box was all me ;) I also used the new Square Lattice embossing folder, rubbed some Old Olive ink on it , then rubbed some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint over that to give it a bit of a metallic feel.
- Stamps: Motorcycle, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Sanded BG
- Paper: Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Naturals White
- Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
- Other: Signo white gel pen, Paper Snips, 1-3/4" circle and Tab punches, Sticky Strip, Mini glue dots, Square Lattice embossing folder and Box #2 die with Big Shot, Crop-A-Dile, Antique Brass eyelets
- Stamps: Motorcycle, Rough Type
- Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Travel Journal Designer Series Papter
- Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip marker
- Other: Paper Snips, Paper Piercer with Mat Pack, Circle Designer Brad, Fire (orange) Circle Rhinestone Brad, Fresh Favorites II blue button, Mini Glue dots, Signo white gel pen
If you joined us part way through, I invite you to continue on with the first Blog on our Hop, Allison Orhan with her Sweet Impressions blog featuring the new Builder Wheel, Flowers!
You can also get back to the main posting for this Blog Hop here and go to whichever stop you would like.