Monday, April 19, 2010

Decorated Notepads

I found these little notepads that were not very pretty and did not have a cover at out local print shop and decided to pretty them up! This is one of them that I came up with. Don't you just love this patterned paper?! It is the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Pack #117161 from the Occasions Mini and is only available until the end of April. Of course, I didn't buy the paper pack. I have the wonderful papercrafting computer program My Digital Studio from Stampin Up and I was able to purchase the digital version of the Sweet Pea Paper pack and now I can print my own at home :) I think I used up all my ink playing around, lol! I also used some Sweet Pea Felt, the real version. There is a digital version of those too. But I wanted the real thing on this item. The ribbon is 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain and the base card stock in Pretty in Pink with a Close to Cocoa mat.

This one has a Melon Mambo base with an Old Olive mat and Melon Mambo ribbon, Sweet Pea felt and a large Clear Rhinestone.

And another one! Don't you just love the variety of patterned papers in this pack?!

And this is the last one. It has a base of Bermuda Bay with Pumpkin Pie mat, Bermuda Bay and a retired 1" wide Chocolate Chip satin ribbon with a Pumpkin Pie Corduroy Button and some crochet thread. 

My notepads are 3-1/2 x 5-1/4" so I cut the base of the cover at 7-3/8" x 5-3/8", scored at 3-1/2" and 3-7/8". Decorated the front, then adhered the notepad inside with Sticky Strip.
I have been using one in my go-bag for work to keep track of my Weight Watchers points ( I have lost almost 20 pounds so far, woo-hoo!). The rest I will give to my Club ladies as a little appreciation gift.

Leave a comment and link to yours if you make some too. I would love to see what others come up with!

2 comments:

Holly Krautkremer/catrules said...

Awesome love them!! I have given you the sun shine award on my blog! Thanks for being a great friend!! You are awesome! :) Hope you'll play along!

Serenity Stamper said...

Congrats on 20 pounds, I am doing WW too. Love these little notebooks. Especially love the choc chip ribbon and button. Sweet. Blessings, Lela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails