Sunday, October 3, 2010

Acorn Notepad

This is another of the Stamp Club projects from September. It is a covered notepad. I love our little print shop in town. They have a shopping cart right inside their door that they put little notepads for sale in. They make them out of their scraps and sell them for 10 cents a piece. They are really good papers too, like heavy textured card stock or thick brochure paper. I now have quite a stash of these little things! I better start making more of them, lol!
After making all of my kits for club, I realized this would have been cuter if the acorn had been stamped on our wood sheets instead of paper. But it was too late at that point... I did make some later with the wood sheets, but I didn't get a photo yet. Did you know that the wood sheets are thin enough that you can use our punches on it?! They are also backed with paper for stability and ease of adhering.
And did you notice how well the Cherry Cobble Seam Binding ribbon coordinates with the Riding Hood Red paper? Love it!
  • Stamps: Autumn Splendor
  • Paper: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Naturals Ivory
  • Ink: Riding Hood Red, Pear Pizzazz, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip
  • Other: Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding ribbon, 1-1/4" Circle punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail (to adhere the ribbon)
To make the cover for the note pad, I measured the notepad, doubled the width and added 1/4". For example, the notepads I used this time were 3-1/2"x4-1/4", so I cut the paper for the cover as 7-1/4"x4-1/4".
Then I scored it at 3-1/2" and 3-3/4". Very simple, see! Now you can go make your own :)

2 comments:

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

ooooo, Tanya, these are gorgeous--your club members are going to love 'em!

Yapha said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors you chose!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails