Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cupcakes for a Birthday, Again!


More birthday stuff! I still need to build up my stash ;) Cupcakes are always good for birthdays don't you think?


Here is the little gift set I put together. There is a little treat holder and a holder for a single tea light, you know, so they can blow out the candle ;)


Let's start with the card. It's all about the layers here, just like with a good birthday cake, lol! I used several punches to create the embellishments for this card. I love how the main image looks with all the punches behind it!


In this side view you can get a better idea of how much it really sticks out! I think I may have gone a little over board. This is definitely a hand deliver card. And you get a peek at the inside on this pic too. Can you see the Shimmer Paint on the raised part of the embossing? I used a sponge dauber to apply it. Then I used a blender pen to apply some to the tiny cupcake frosting, too.


The inside has lots of cupcakes! I'm getting hungry just looking at all those cupcakes with their pink frosting and cherries! They must be chocolate cherries since they are all brown :) I used several stamp sets on this card, I will try harder to keep it to one or two in the future.
  • Stamps: On a Pedestal, Itty Bitty Bits, Tiny Tags, Afterthoughts, Birthday Bliss
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Blushing Bride, Naturals White
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Blushing Bride
  • Other: Big Shot with Tasteful Trim die and Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Sponge Dauber, Blender pen, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch, Designer Label punch, Wide Oval punch, Scallop Circle punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals, Corner Rounder punch

I had a brilliant idea, at least to me! Why not package tea lights like a candy treat? Then you can give them away a little easier since you won't be making the box too. This was pretty fast and easy. I used one of the tags from the Two Tags die, scored at 2" and 2-5/8" up from the bottom.  Decorated as shown, then I punched a hole through the tops of both flaps to be tied shut with some linen thread, hemp twine, 1/8" taffeta ribbon, or crochet thread. I did put a little bit of Dotto on the back flap to help prevent the tea light from sliding out.


Here you can see how the tea light sits inside. Pretty brilliant huh! The treat holder is done in a very similar fashion and I got that idea from Mary Brown. Thank you Mary for being an inspiration!

3 comments:

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute way to present a little tealight! Very fun, Tanya. . . .

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Holy buckets love this hole thing! Super cute!!!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Very cute-Love it!! Fun fun!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails