Thursday, November 18, 2010

Friday Mashup Challenge!


I have been chosen to be a Guest Designer for this weeks Friday Mashup Challenge!  And what a fun theme, Snowmen! I must admit, I have no current Snowman images from Stampin Up! but I did find a retired one to use.


I love the inspiration photo they used, so very snowman! And that is what all of our trees looked like 3 days ago. I love it when they look like that, sigh... unfortunately that means it is starting to get cold.


I got some new goodies from Stampin Up on Monday and I just had to use them. One of the things I got was the Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink. LOVE it! It has a wonderful applicator wand that has a semi-firm fine point tip and is a dream to work with. I used it on the background and on the snowman here in Moonlight.
I stamped Pretty Pattern BG in Versamark, then applied Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heated it. Then I took the Moonlight Smooch Accent Ink and filled in all the petals. They look like snowflakes to me! And after I colored the snowman's scarf and hat, I filled him in with the Moonlight Accent Ink too!
I also used the Northern Trim Letterpress Plate with my new Craft Ink Spots. Finally! I was such a hold out on the Craft ink, but I am going to get all of the spots now.

Inside I stamped some snowflakes and then filled them in with the Moonlight Accent Ink also. Then I put rhinestones in the centers of all the snowflakes. The pictures just do not do the Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink justice. If you get the chance, you should really play with this stuff! You will love it! I have to admit this was one of those cards I really didn't like until I was at least 3/4 of the way through it, but I am glad I stuck it out.
  • Stamps: Snow Buddies (retired hostess set), Christmas Greetings, Pretty Patterns BG
  • Paper: Tempting Turquoise (classic and craft), Real Red, Naturals White
  • Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Jet Black Stazon
  • Other: Big Shot with Northern Trim Letterpress Plate, Moonlight Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, 2½" Circle punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch, sponges, Stampin Dimensionals, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Signo white gel pen, Versamark, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Paper Piercer with Mat Pack

Now, go make some snowmen!!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Ooooo, I LOVE snowmen! But, you already knew that didn't you? ;-)

Yapha said...

Absolutely adorable! What a fantastic snowman card!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Holy buckets awesome card and the colors just pop! Way cute love it!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card!!

Shelley Z said...

Great card! I'm not ready to make snowmen yet! I don't want cold. Oh, you want me to stamp snowmen! Now that I can do!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the colors! So cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails