Thursday, December 2, 2010

Snowflake Gift Tags


So, I haven't posted in several days. Did anybody miss me? Well, I have a good excuse.
We got back from visiting family on Friday night and the fun began. The Dreaded Stomach Flu started to hit my entire family. It each of us in turn..only 2 people at a time, and finished up on Tuesday.
I had to go to work still feeling like death warmed over because the stomach flu was gone, but I had a killer head cold that was making my asthma hell, but I made it through my 12 hour shift. It had taken me an hour to drive what normally takes 40-45 minutes to get to work, and the same thing on the way back. The roads were covered in a thick layer of ice and snow even where they did plow. Yuck!
Dakota went in the ditch with my "shiny new car" on Monday afternoon (its a 2005 Neon-not so new but I bought it when it was a year old and the newest thing I'll ever own-and everything still works in it!) Everybody was fine and he got back out with a couple of pushes.
Then my hubby was supposed to work 100 miles away at 7am on Tuesday morning and he went in the ditch with his 4x4 truck about 30 miles from home! He decided to come home and try again later...which turned into 4am Wednesday...
Yesterday was my day off and I slept in, then I HAD to go to town to get groceries. So I'm trying to stop at a stoplight in the right turn lane, slip-slide-stop, then get rear-ended by the guy behind me! Again, everybody is ok, my "shiny new car" is fine, and the other guy just added a new crack to the collection of them on his front bumper. I was glad to have some Motrin in my purse cause then I had a headache and I hadn't even gone into the grocery store yet! 
I didn't get much crafting done yesterday, still trying to put my area back together after the re-organization. And the asthma and head cold are still holding me back some, but I am hoping to be much better by morning. I did make some quick gift tags today though.


I decided to work on using up some of my more abundant scraps, so I decided to work with some River Rock. It goes quite nicely with the Cherry Cobbler here! And I have a stash of precut Northern Frost snowflakes from a previous club project. These came together very quickly :)


I have only made these 3 so far, and I put some Sticky Strip on the back so they are all set to go on a few packages.
  • Stamps: Winter Post, Serene Snowflakes
  • Paper: River Rock, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
  • Ink: River Rock , Early Espresso
  • Other: Corner Rounder punch, Designer Label punch, Big Shot with Northern Frost die, Sticky Strip

And here are a few shots of my side yard this morning. I love how the trees look when they are covered with snow! It will only last until the wind picks up a little and blows it all off.




Have a great day!

9 comments:

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Cute tags! And so simple. I love the pics of your snowy trees.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Over here in eastern WI, we only got a few inches at my school and at my house 15 miles away, a dusting. No real hassles yet. I know your pain, though, once we get more!

Love the cute tags---and love that they are easy!

Yapha said...

The snow is gorgeous to see, but I do not miss the hassles one bit!! Glad to hear everyone is fine. Fabulous tags, by the way!

Heidi Baks said...

Very cute tags! Sorry your past days have been so trying, but everyone's ok! What's with all the ditch diving? You guys know how to drive in snow!! :) We've been sick over in NY too, but no snow in my area... yet.

Anonymous said...

BRRRRR! This wimpy Floridian thinks it's beautiful but is so glad it's only on my screen! lol

The tags are so adorable. TFS!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better, Tanya. Your gift tags are so festive--no doubt they will be a hit!

Carmen said...

The tags are super cute!!

Shelley Z said...

Great tags! Love the colors and the snowflakes in the back!

Glad to hear that everyone is OK but that is a tough week to deal with.

Cindy said...

Just had time to catch up on everyone's blog posts from the past few days....you poor dear! I hope you are feeling much better now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails