Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tree in 3D


More Christmas goodness coming your way! This  is the third of the four 3Dhome decor items I have made recently, with the same base with a tutorial here. I got to use some of the fabulous Glimmer brads, Silver Tinsel trim, and other fun sparkly bits!


 To get the star to slip into the top, I made little cuts on all of the folds about ½" long, then applied a little glue to the bottom of the star and slipped it in. The star is 3 Large Star punches folded in half and then glued together.

I used some Frost White Shimmer Paint to highlight the embossed Petals-A-Plenty and used the Glimmer brads as ornaments, poking holes with my paper piercer. It was actually much easier to do than I thought it would be :)
  • Paper: Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
  • Other: Big Shot with Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder and Northern Frost die, Large Start punch, Glimmer Brads in Brights and Neutrals, Rhinestone and Pearl Basic Jewels, Silver Tinsel Trim, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Sponge Dauber

This was probably the most fun to put together :) The Silver Tinsel actually has a wire in it so it really holds shape well around the tree. I really need to put up my tree for real though!

7 comments:

Yapha said...

Great tree! I can't wait to see the 4th one of these.

Heidi Baks said...

Great idea to use glimmer brads for ornaments!

Cindy said...

The pearls and glimmer brads are a great "decoration" on the tree! (Love the tinsel trim, too, because I love sparkly, shiny schtuff.) :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very pretty and another awesome idea!!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

So cool! I love the entire tree- but the embossing for texture is my favorite detail!

Shelley Z said...

Tanya, these keep getting better and better! Love the glitter brads!

Mickey Roberts said...

You are really having fun with this! Great tree--love how you decorated it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails