Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Celery Suede Tissue Box


This is a project I saw on Splitcoaststampers by Diane Zechman and have been meaning to do for MONTHS! I finally picked up some tissue boxes to use with it and made this box. So fun! There is a wonderful tutorial there so I am not going to redo it :) I have come up with a version for a big box of tissue, but it won't work with the Reverse Faux Letterpress technique as the pieces are too big :) Check back on Sunday for that tutorial!


Here is the whole thing again. I was really impressed with how quickly this came together! Of course, my decorating wasn't very complicated wither :)
  • Paper: Certainly Celery
  • Ink: Soft Suede
  • Other: Big Shot with Backgrounds #1 Texturz Plates, oval cutting system
And my sandwich for the Big Shot for the Reverse Faux Letterpress technique
  1. Multi Purpose Pad on Tab 1
  2. Two cardstock shims
  3. Inked Texture plate
  4. Cardstock
  5. Folded sheet of copy paper (to protect the other pieces from the ink)
  6. Silicone pad
  7. Impressions pad

I will tell you that I did not use Sticky Strip, I just used my Tombow liquid glue. Works very well if you have the patience to wait for the glue to dry a little bit, which is only an extra minute or so per seam. And it stays stuck for good too!

Don't forget to stop back on Sunday for the BIG BOX tissue box cover tutorial.... that's a little wordy. I'll have to work on that :)

5 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

I told you already how I love your box! Hey, I stamp with Diane at shoebox swaps! Fun, huh?

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Awesome!! I love this!! We could use it here dh is sick lol

Yapha said...

Great box! I'm looking forward to the big one, too! Your projects are always so fabulous!

Shelley Z said...

Going to have to try this one out! Cute box!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Such a fun idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails