Wednesday, December 28, 2011

With Sympathy Card with Sneak Peeks!

There is new stuff coming!! The Occasions Mini starts on January 4th, and boy, are there some great things in store for all of us!
I got my box of pre-order  goodies the first week of December and have been dabbling with the new stuff ever since. I am in LOVE with the Labels Framelits dies.

This is the first project I made with my new goodies. Someone had just ordered a sympathy card, and this was just perfect. The sentiment is from a retired hostess set from a few years ago, but the rest is NEW! I was able to cut the card base with the new dies to create a fun shaped card. SO much potential with these lovelies :)
I stamped the main image in Early Espresso on a scrap of Daffodil and then trimmed out the banner, then stamped the sentiment on it. It is popped up on dimensionals also. Lots of layers on this card. I ♥ layers.
  • Stamps: Apothecary Art, Warmest Regards (retired), Woodgrain BG
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Naturals White, Daffodil Delight
  • Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight
  • Other: Gold Lame' Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink, Big Shot with Labels Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint
It does fit nicely in an envelope also.
I believe this ended up going to the widow of one of the police officers that worked in the ER I work in. He had retired last year and had advanced Parkinsons disease. His widow is one of our receptionists and it has been a really tough year for her.

Ok, now on to some fun news!! The Stampin' Addicts Occasions Mini Blog Hop starts on Friday! Be sure to come back for all of the amazing projects with all sneak peeks of the goodness to come!!


3 comments:

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card! I'm so glad to know the Framelits will cut through more than one piece of card stock!

Cindy said...

Tanya, this is such a lovely card for such a sad occasion. Love those Framelits!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful colors! I don't have this set yet, but I'm looking forward to coloring it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails