Saturday, January 21, 2012

Layers of Shimmer Wedding Card


 I am surprised to say that I never really considered February to be a popular wedding month, but I just now realized that I know 3 family members who were married in February . Wait, make that 4! I guess Valentine's Day trumps frigid weather and many inches, if not feet, of snow in Minnesota, lol!


I was on a Letterpress kick again. They add such a touch of elegance to a card. Who van resist the word love in so many different fonts? The Blossom punch makes a very nice fluffy flower with the Waffle paper, which is just gorgeous!! How about the flowers spilling down the side of the cake? Yummy! and the layers of the cake are highlighted with the Clear Coat Accent ink. Why oh why did I wait so long to get that stuff! It is amazing!
  • Stamps: Love & Laughter
  • Paper: Naturals White, Whisper White, White Waffle Paper, Pink Pirouette, Twitterpated DSP
  • Ink: Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette
  • Other: Big Shot with Hearts Framelits, Adorning Accents Edgelits and Embossing Folder, and Lots of Love Letterpress Plate, Corner Rounder punch, Blossom punch, Basics Glimmer Brads, Clear Coat and Silver Fox Accent Ink, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Piercer and Mat Pack

This was a really hard card to photograph. I tried 3 different methods, and still the colors seem washed out and off. In real life, it is quite lovely.


Even the inside of the card got some bling! I had to add shimmery centers to all of the flowers. Now I need to make a pile of anniversary cards!


6 comments:

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card! Love those colors and the waffle paper flower.

Katherine said...

Beautiful - I love the accent ink and the color combination!

Paula said...

Beautiful Tanya! I still haven't used my letter press plates. But I love what you did with it here.

Mickey Roberts said...

So lovely and elegant. The perfect Wedding/Anniversary card.

Shelley Z said...

Very striking! Like how you used the accent ink.

Carmen said...

Lovely! Love all the elements and textures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails