Monday, June 18, 2012

Butterfly Silhouette Birthday


This week I will be showing you my blog hop projects in a little more detail. I really had a lot of fun making these projects, and I hope the details will be useful to everyone, or someone at least!


For this card, I chose the same layout as a Father's Day card I had made the week before and changed it up just a little bit.  I knew I wanted to used a soft neutral and Crumb Cake is my usual go-to color for that, then River Rock, neither of them seemed to work. Then I remembered poor neglected Sahara Sand! I really love that color, I just keep forgetting about it. Funny how we get stuck in color ruts, isn't it.

I also used the new Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack here. It is so much easier to make the faux stitching with the larger guide. The straight line of stitching is a full 5½" long on the 6" guide!

The Apothecary Accents framelits set has such wonderful shapes, I just can't stop using them! The shape I used is the only one that does not have a piercing guide. I would love one for it, and one for ovals.... maybe that will come in the future :) A girl can dream.

  • Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Curly Cute, Woodgrain
  • Ink: Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party, Sahara Sand
  • Paper: Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party
  • Other: Big Shot with Apothecary Accents framelits, 1¾" Circle punch, 1" Square punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Essentials Paper-Piercing pack with Paper Piercer and Piercing Mat, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Signo white gel pen, Stampin' Dimensionals

5 comments:

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow girl that rocks!

Yapha said...

Such a spectacular card!! Great colors! I also wish they had a piercing guide for that label.

Mickey Roberts said...

Love the colored circles and flowers combined with the neutrals and that bit of wood grain. Lovely!

Carmen said...

So bright and cheery I love it!

Paula said...

Love the layout of this card. Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails