Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sweet Thanks Mini Milk Cartons


These milk cartons come together so easily they are a natural quick little project for a last minute need.
I had found a cute holder for these by Becky Roberts last year and made some Easter gifts with the idea. I did tweak the tutorial a bit though to save some steps.

Take two 3¾" squares and score at 1" all four sides, then cut on score line to the 1" line on 2 sides to create four flaps. Then trim off half of each flap at a diagonal.
Then take a 1-5/8"x8" strip and score at 4" and fold in half. Then punch a Medium Oval handle.

 Assemble like so! I just used Tombow liquid glue to assemble this whole thing.


I couldn't decide which sway I liked the images stamped better so I used both the Summer Starfruit and Crumb Cake on the left, and the Whisper White with Crumb Cake shadows on the right. And on the holder I did some bold full-strength inking, and some stamped off images.

I also used the new mini punches from the Little Labels pack with the Lovely Little Labels set to make the tags. I will be stapling the cartons closed after I fill them with a tasty little treat, but they look pretty cute with the mini clothes pins for now :)

  • Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Lovely Little Labels
  • Ink: Summer Starfruit, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
  • Paper: Summer Starfruit, Naturals White
  • Other: Big Shot with Mini Milk Carton die, Simply Scored, Medium Oval punch, Little Labels punch pack, White Baker's Twine, large-eyed needle and piercing mat

4 comments:

Yapha said...

Such a great holder!! I love the stamping with the Whisper White & Crumb Cake. Looks amazing!!

Mickey Roberts said...

Love the shadow stamping with the White and Crumb Cake. Such a cute project!

Carmen said...

Thanks for showing us how you made it!! perfect and easy!

Paula said...

Love these. Thanks for showing how you made them. Pinned it so I can come back and make some too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails