Monday, September 17, 2012

Floral District Starburst


Time to find some inspiration and I found a sketch and a technique that I could not pass up :)  It was much easier than I thought it would be, and I made several of this card to send in my Operation Write Home box. Anybody else working on stuff to send to them? I would love to hear about what you are doing for charitable projects!



This is the sketch. The ladies at Friday Mashup do a great job of inspiring us all. GO check them out if you haven't already :) There is a link in their post on how to do the Starburst technique.

I had actually forgotten I had this pack of Floral District DSP. I really don't use DSP enough. ANd do you see how well the paper and this image from You Are Loved coordinate?! I just ♥ SU. And yes, I did sew on the paper instead of using a white gel pen :) I do have my sewing machine set up in the same room as my stamps, I just don't go use it enough!
  • Stamps: You Are Loved
  • Ink: Tangerine Tango, Lucky Limeade
  • Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Floral District DSP
  • Other: Big Shot with Finishing Touches edgelit, Fancy Fans EF, and non SU lace doily die, Paper Piercer with mat pack and Essentials PPP, Rich Razzleberry ¼" Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, Sticky Strip, dimensionals, sewing machine


Had to have the flowers on the inside too. I purposely left this a blank card so it can be for whatever it is needed for.


6 comments:

Rita W said...

So fun and bright! That DSP is so perfect for this technique. I'm so glad you were able to play along with my challenge at The Friday Mashup this week.

Yapha said...

I love how your starburst came out! Great patterns for it!

Mickey Roberts said...

The DSP was an awesome selection for this card sketch! Love the stitching, too.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Absolutely beautiful! Great paper choice for this technique - and I love, love, love the stitching! Your details are just wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

Waving hi, Tanya! What a sunny card!! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Paula said...

Very fun card! I need to play in more challenges.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails