Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I Dig You Pocket Cards Follow Up

Project Life has been around for a few years now, but I hadn't really been interested in it until recently. For some reason, it now seems intriguing. I will never stop scrapbooking with full sheets of paper as the base, but this looks like a great addition to my repertoire :) I made a set of four inserts for the hop last weekend and here are the rest of the details.

All of these inserts are 4"x6", but there are a few different sized pockets and several configurations in a 12"x12" page protector.  Stampin' Up! has already sold out of their retiring divided page protectors, but you can still get them online from a variety of sources. I have seen 10 packs for about $7 and 60 packs for $30 on Amazon and they fit in 12"x12" 3 Ring Binders.

This insert is kind of the title card and I know I have some pictures of my kids and my nieces and nephews playing with trucks to pair this with. The button is one I made with the Simply Pressed Molds and Clay that will be coming out with the new annual catalog that starts May 31, 2013. I colored the button with a marker after it was out of the mold and dried.
  • Stamps: I Dig You, Designer Typset Photopolymer
  • Ink: Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Tangerine Tango
  • Paper: Midnight Muse, Naturals White, Print Poetry DSP pack
  • Other: Signo white gel pen,  Simply Pressed Molds and Clay, White Baker's Twine, Paper Piercer, needle, Corner Rounder punch, Paper Snips

I used a ruler and my Grid Paper to draw the journaling lines with a Sahara Sand marker. It only took a couple of minutes.
  • Stamps: I Dig You
  • Ink: Gumball Green, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand marker
  • Paper: Naturals White, Brights and 2012-2014 In-Color DSP pack
  • Other: 1¾" Circle, 1¼" Square, and Corner Rounder punch, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercer and Mat, dimensionals, ruler, Grid Paper
 This insert could be a filler or have a picture or another journaling card added to it. I wanted to get some texture on this one.
  • Stamps: I Dig You
  • Ink: Tangerine Tango
  • Paper: Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake, Gumball Green Core'dinations, 2012-2014 In-Color DSP pack
  • Other: Big Shot with Chevrons and Honeycomb embossing folders, Signo white gel pen, Corner Rounder punch, Sanding Block
 Is there ever enough room for journaling? Here is another journaling card with some texture and fun. The photopolymer alphabet set made it a snap to make custom titles!
  • Stamps: I Dig You, Designer Typeset Photopolymer
  • Ink: Sahara Sand inkpad and marker, Tangerine Tango, Midnight Muse Marker (to color button)
  • Paper: Gumball Green Core'dinations, Naturals White, Brights Family DSP pack
  • Other: Big Shot with Honeycomb embossing folder, Sanding Block, Simply Pressed Mold and Clay, White Baker's Twine, Paper Piercer, ruler, Grid Paper, Corner Rounder and 1" Square punches
Have you tried this method of scrapbooking? Do you love it? Are you interested in seeing more ideas from me on page themes? Leave me a comment, and of course you should SHOP NOW for the all of the retiring stuff before it is gone!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

These are great cards, I love them for.the pocket pages. Super adorable!!

Yapha Mason said...

These are so adorable!! You could totally sell them as packs for people doing Project Life! Thanks for the closer look.

Paula said...

These are all so fabulous. I did buy a set of those page protectors and now you've showed me what to do with them. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Super cute cards - truly adorable! I haven't tried this method of scrapbooking, but it looks promising; like you could get more done in less time (since some pictures can just slide in… no layout issues). TFS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails