Thursday, August 15, 2013

Coffee and Friends

I have been dying to use this stamp set since I got back from convention. I saw so many amazing ideas from my friends and other swappers there. I even got a beautiful card from my friend Heidi with this set, thank you so much Heidi! And this amazing one-layer card from Adriana that she kindly gave me at a swap, I just love it too!


I got my color inspiration here


And used this sketch for the layout.

This was my first crack at it. I don't know about the lid and band on the cup though. I think the lid should have been green too. There is some of that yummy Core'dinations! So glad we have it in every color now :)

This is the second card, which is my favorite. I decided to mount the Crumb Cake on a Naturals White card base. It would look great on a Whisper White card base, arguably better on a Whisper White card base, but this is what I chose :) I like to use Naturals White to color on with a blender pen also. It holds up better, and is less expensive than water color paper.
  • Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Perfect Blend, Distressed Dots
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Crisp Cantaloupe, Illuminate
  • Paper: Naturals White, Crumb Cake, Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe Core'dinations
  • Other: Big Shot with Stylish Stripes embossing folder, Neutrals and Subtles and Brights Candy Dots, Blender Pen, Sanding Block, Signo white gel pen, dimensional, Early Espresso embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Paper Snip, sewing machine and thread, Distress Tool
Which one do you like better?


6 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Great cards! I love that stamp set, too! I think I prefer the second one as well, but they are both fab. I like the pictures and links to the supplies that you used. They link to the main Stampin' Up store, though, not your personalized one.

Kim said...

Love what you did with these colors. I like the second card more, as the cup doesn't fade into the cantaloupe Core'dinations piece. This is one of the best stamp sets. Coffee yum!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! I like them both. They have such an organic vibe! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Paula said...

You mean I have to pick which one I like better? I would love to receive either in my mailbox and I am not a coffee drinker. ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't pick either ROFL I love them both I think they are awesome!! :)

Paper Art Garden said...

I like both cards, but the first one is my favorite. I like the band on the coffee cup. I think your blog looks great. The photos of the products are a nice touch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails