Saturday, August 3, 2013

Heart Full of Thanks

OK, this is the last swap I made for convention! Can you believe I signed up for 11 organized swaps?! Crazy right. But I am not the craziest. I saw a lady post in a thread on SCS that she had made 900+ swaps for convention this year. Wowsa, that is a lot of work, but I bet she enjoyed it :)

 Well, after designing so many swaps, I can tell you that I was feeling pretty dried up in the creativity department there for a while. So I dug through my stash of cards and CASEd myself! I changed a few things, and added a different technique, and I love it! I even designed and made it on 2 hours of sleep while I was trying to make my body flip from nights to days. I'm a little impressed with myself this time :)

It was tough to catch in the picture, but I used the Woodgrain embossing folder to create some debossing. It is a little more subtle and really lets the stamping shine through. I opened all the tabs, laid down the Crease pad, then the cardstock, then laid one side of the embossing folder over the cardstock, covered that with the Silicone pad, and topped it all off with a single cutting pad. Worked like a charm!

And what do you think of this ribbon treatment? I tried just the 2 ruffled ribbons, but it just didn't feel right, so I added the Naturals Trim and it was perfect. Yup. I am pleased :)
  • Stamps: Four You, Hearts a Flutter
  • Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Crumb Cake, Strawberry Slush
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
  • Other: Big Shot with Woodgrain embossing folder, Strawberry Slush and Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffled Stretch ribbon, Natural Trim ribbon, Rhinestones Basic Jewels
Wow, I didn't even use dimensionals!! However did that happen ;)

4 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Great card! I love the ribbon treatment and the colors are gorgeous together!

Paper Art Garden said...

I love it that you case'd yourself! The card is really nice. Love the colors and the ribbon.

Anonymous said...

Love the combination of ribbons you used. Neat texture and nice pop of colors. And cool idea with the embossing folder; leaves texture but just barely. TFS!

Paula said...

I have this card out on my card tree and I just love it! Love the hearts with the thank you and the way you did the greeting. Perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails