Thursday, August 1, 2013

Yippee-Skippee!

I have been stamping for a LONG time and I have amassed quite a collection of tools, so when Stampin' Up! came out with the new Simply Stars, I was so excited because the images fit perfectly in the retired Large and Small Star punches! But for the swaps I am in, we can only use current products. I did not realize how hard that was going to be with this set. Apparently, if I have it, I want to use it, lol! But I did manage to come up with a cute card anyway :)

This was another card for the Masculine cards swap. Once I started doing masculine cards, I had a hard time stopping! Sometimes your Mojo takes you in directions that are lovely, but not exactly what you need, hehe. I actually got to the point that I took all of the stamp pads for the colors I had already used in swaps and set them aside. I wanted a variety of color combos and realized I was in quite the blues/yellows/greens mood. But I still had some blues left to use.
  • Stamps: Yippe-Skippee!, Simply Stars, Bring on the Cake
  • Ink: Marina Mist, Smokey Slate, Soft Sky
  • Paper: Marina Mist, Naturals White, Smokey Slate Core'dinations
  • Other: Big Shot with Argyle embossing folder, Sanding Block, Signo white gel pen, Subtles and Neutrals Candy Dots
I think this is about as flat as my swaps got! I have a addiction to dimensionals :)

4 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Great card! I love the diagonal and the colors are fantastic! Great card, even without the punches.

Paper Art Garden said...

I love the stars! You did a great layout without the punches. The card is really nice. I can't wait to get this stamp set.

Anonymous said...

Neat card! I really like the strip of embossed (core'dinations?) paper that goes just above the stamped strip. Cool!

Paula said...

Love how this card came together. So cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails