Thursday, January 9, 2014

Straight To My Heart

For me, Valentine's Day has been much more about kids than it has been about romantic love. When we are children, we make Valentines for all of our classmates. As mothers, we help our children make those Valentines.  My hubby and I kinda jumped straight into parenthood, so we never developed a tradition for this holiday. Now, nearly all of my kids are adults. My 17 year old son doesn't need my help with Valentines anymore. And I am really glad I don't have to provide valentines for his class of over 300 kids :) So I think it is time for my hubby and I to start making some new traditions for ourselves. My focus for Valentines cards will most likely reflect that this year, as I will be thinking more about what I would like to give to someone who I have loved for most of my life.

http://www.palspaperarts.com/2014/01/ppa187-a-color-challenge.html

This lovely color challenge from Pals Paper Arts was a great starting point for this card.

I got to use one of the new Valentines set from Stampin' Up! that is available through January 27, 2014. I bought it in December but didn't have a chance to use it until now. My boys, including the hubby, are in an archery league, so arrows seem doubly appropriate for us!
  • Stamps: Love You More, Hardwood
  • Ink: Soft Sky, Real Red, Basic Gray
  • Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Real Red Core'dinations, Silver Glimmer and Foil
  • Other: Big Shot with Hearts framelits, Circle Card and Label Card thinlits, and Arrows embossing folder, Paper Piercer, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Rhinestones Basic Jewels, Signo white gel pen, dimensionals, sewing machine and thread
 I added a few bits of the arrow image to the inside to round out the design. I am not sure if this is the one for my hubby this year yet, or not. It may go in the box at work for people to buy :)



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just beautiful!!! I love all the details about it! I couldn't imagine making 300 valentines. ROFL Yay for new tradition too!!

Anonymous said...

Great use of the color combo! The card is adorable!

Yapha Mason said...

Spectacular card! I love the arrows and the woodgrain!

Diane Roberts said...

This card is beautiful! "You can never have too many arrows"-Cupid
So appropriate with all the family members of the archery league! Thanks for playing along at Pals Paper Arts this week.

Brian King said...

Tanya - LOVE the multitude of arrows and great texture on this card. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with the PPA color challenge this week.

Michelle Quinno said...

This is amazing!

Twila said...

Love it, so pretty. Looks a little time consuming though. Made me start singing the song, Give it to me straight from the heart:)

Paula said...

So cute Tanya! Love all the arrow on it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails