Wednesday, February 19, 2014

"Honey, can you make me a box quick?"

Yup, those were the words of my husband on Feb 13th, one hour before I had to leave for work :) I don't know if I have shared that my hubby is an RN also. He is an RN Pediatrics Care Manager in an IHS (Indian Health Services) clinic. He followed me to IHS :) That lasted for a year and a half until I got a job closer to home and for better pay. ANYWAYS! He has a special pediatric patient that he takes care of and this little guy had an appointment the next day and Jamie knew that this fella would be bringing him a Valentine, so he wanted to be prepared with one to give him back. He's sweet that way :) But I could have used a bit more warning!


So, I got out my tea light box directions and whipped this little puppy up. I told Jamie he had to pick some colors and a stamp set at least. If you leave me to my own devices, I can take HOURS to decide what I am going to do, lol! He pointed to the Valentine framed wall art I made for the Hearts A Flutter edition of the Stamp Review Crew and said that a banner would be nice. We had some Hersey's miniatures in the cupboard. About 6 or 8 fit in it overlapping very nicely. The nuggets fit perfectly but that's not what we had in the house :)
  • Stamps: Hearts a Flutter, Hardwood BG, Grateful Greetings (retired)
  • Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Midnight Muse, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
  • Other: Big Shot with Hearts a Flutter framelits, Sgino white gel pen, sewing machine and thread, Simply Scored, Sticky Strip, Bone Folder, Paper Snips
 I like to stamp inside the boxes too. You get a little surprise when it is empty then! Jamie said it was perfect and that the little guy would love. I said "Na, he'll open the box and eat the chocolate. But that's ok! His mom will think it's cute." I know the family well also. The dad and the son have a very rare hereditary condition that can cause life threatening airway issues. I have had to assist in life-saving procedures with both of them more than once, as has my hubby. They are special to both of us. And they are glad that I work where I do now because they know there is someone there who understands their condition now. OK, I better stop now! I very, very rarely share anything about work as it can be sticky to maintain patient privacy. Maybe that is why I don't share a whole lot about myself. Being a nurse is a HUGE part of who I am and what I do. Oh, the stories I have in my head! But, they should probably stay there, lol!


2 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Oh that is perfect! I love the banner on the box! Great colors, too!

Anonymous said...

How cute and how sweet of both you!! I bet he loved it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails