Friday, February 21, 2014

Watercolor Loveliness

I am still dreaming of flower gardens :) The Watercolor Wonder DSP in the Occasions Mini is helping me get my fix though. I decided about a year ago that I would not be buying the actual paper DSP, just the downloads. I don't use is up when I get the packets, and I usually love a few of the prints and want more of them, while not using any of the others. Plus, there are times I want to change the scale of the print to fit my needs. SO, I just get the MDS versions when they come out. Perfect solution for me! I might end up using more printer ink though. Jamie bought me a printer that can print 12x12 paper almost 2 years ago now for Mother's Day. I use it a lot :)

The Retro Sketches challenge this week was intriguing to me. I saw some beautiful examples, some that are far more wonderful that my card turned out. I hope you check them out!


I loved the DSP so much, I wanted it to have a central role on this card :) I used some leftovers on my desk too. The coffee filter flower, and the snippets of ribbon. Then I pulled out some sequins and rhinestones for some glamor.
  • Stamps: Hello, Lovely
  • Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Smoky Slate, Versamark
  • Paper: Smoky Slate, Crisp Cantaloupe Core'dinations, Whisper White, Watercolor Wonder DSP
  • Other: Big Shot with Decorative Dots embossing folder and Floral framelits, Heat Tool, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Embossing buddy, Signo white gel pen, Rhinestones, Smoky Slate Chevron and Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffled ribbons, silver sequins, dimensionals, Crystal Effects, Envelope Punch Board (to round the corners), sewing machine and thread, 1¼" Circle punch
 A scrap of the DSP finished off the inside. I should really think about less layers of dimensionals on these cards. They sure would be easier to mail that way, lol!

Feb 18-24, 2014 Weekly Deals:
 


Supplies for Card:
 

2 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the rhinestones sprinkled across the front!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and I love the sprinkles!! I am ready for spring and summer too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails