Thursday, January 28, 2016

Peace Rose Birthday Blossom

Right before Christmas, I found the Gansai Tambi watercolors at a price I was finally willing to pay, so I bought them and waited to play with them. I have been watching the price on them for about a year, and have been wanting them so much, I was giddy when the box arrived. And I must say, they are everything I had hoped they would be :) Now add this beautiful stamp set, and I got magic I tell you!!

I watercolored this entire panel, and I had so much fun with the blending and layering of colors. I already love to watercolor, but this made it so much more fun. There is a light sheen to the color after I added a little of the pearly paint over the flower, but you can also tell that it is paint, not ink. I used a bright yellow and a coral red or the orange to blend the petals. The color reminds me of a peace rose, which my mother grew long ago on the farm.

ETA: For those who already have the Gansai Tambi watercolors and would like to know which colors I used, here is what I think I used, since it has been over a month since I painted this, lol.
  • #40 yellow
  • #31 coral-red or #33 orange 
  • #58 green
  • #50 creamy turquoise 
And, while Stampin' Up! has fabulous watercolor paper, I use Canson 140# cold press paper that I can get in a big 9"x12" pad at my local stores for about $6 with 25 sheets. It is a great watercolor paper for my purposes, and affordable enough for me to use scads and scads of it :)
 
I tried to catch the depth of the colors and the sheen of the paint, but it still looks better in real life :)
I embossed the image with White embossing powder, which helped corral the colors where I wanted them :)

What do you think? Love it? Hate it? I am sure I will show more Gansai Tambi painting in the future :)


Product List

2 comments:

Mickey Roberts said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!

Soozie4Him said...

Oh, I just LOVE IT!!!! I have the Gansai Tambi set too - could you tell me what the numbers are on the colors you used? You did a GREAT job!!! Can't wait to see what else you do with the new watercolors! What kind of WC paper did you use??

Susan, aka Soozie4Him on SCS
moot96 AT aol DOT com (I don't use my google email)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails