Now, we choose the sets we are going to use for these hops up to 4 months in advance, so May is always a tough month for us. What we plan to use sometimes is retired before we can feature it, like the Build It dies that coordinate with this set. We decided to go forward with this set because the stamps are still available through May 22, 2017 at least (in the US and Canada only). And to provide ideas for those who already own the stamps and the dies. Enjoy!
For those who are new to the Stamp Review Crew, here is a little background. We are an international group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators that gets together on the first and third Mondays of every month to do a blog hop. Each hop features a single stamp set to give you loads of inspiration for that set! The hops are archived at the Stamp Review Crew blog, and you will be able to click through each hop at any time, going directly to the posts for that hop whenever you want! And you can click on the banner of this post to go to the master blog roll for this hop also.
If you are following along in order, then you have just arrived from Australia and the talented Kelly Kent's blog, 😊 I just love her!
- This is a stand-by favorite thing for me to do with just about any set. Embossing in Copper, or white for that matter, is always stunning on Kraft cardstock. That is retiring to by the way. To get it in the Annual catalog, you will have to get the Foil Frenzy DSP, which is gorgeous!!
- I made a mat that is just 3/8" bigger than the Kraft panel for just a hint of color behind it in Early Espresso.
- The sentiment is Copper heat embossed on Early Espresso, fussy cut, then adhered to a Thick Whisper White hexagon cut with the die from the Build It framelits.
- Wind some linen thread around the Kraft/Early Espresso panel, secure with tape on the back, then adhere to a Thick Whisper White card base.
- Pop the sentiment up with a dimensional.
- Inside, add a few of the nails image in Sahara Sand stamped off once, and the rest of the sentiment in Early Espresso. All done!
I also used the die in the framelit set the just embosses/debosses. It is subtle, but you can see it run the width of the card behind the saw.
I am also thinking I need to do a card with just the smiles, and add a sentiment from another set saying "You make me smile". I believe there at least 2 sets in the new Annual Catalog that have that sentiment, and I own them both, lol! Actually I made that card, check back later this week 😉
The saw is watercolored with an Aqua-painter and Soft Suede and Smoky Slate.
That's all I have for you. Be sure to come back and see what I do between blog hops. I will be showing lots more Display Stamper stuff, (and a smiley face card with this set!) and some projects that I just haven't had time to write up posts for in the last couple months.
Now it is time to go see what Betty Traciak has created, I am sure it will be something totally unique and inspiring!
If you have seen something you need for your crafting life, just click the image in the supply list below and it will take you to my store! If you order less than $150, please use this month's Host Code, which can be found at the top of the sidebar on the right.
And be sure to check the box allowing me to contact you when you check out. I can't send you a thank you card if I don't know your address! And I promise to only send you happy mail, no junk mail :)