Friday, May 17, 2013

Spring is Here!

 Yeah!!!! There is finally no snow in my yard, the grass is starting to turn green, and I can actually walk barefooted out to the outhouse! (That is a whole other story, lol) Now I feel like I am justified in creating something that looks like spring :) Although in my area, that is heralded more with the arrival of the wood ticks than butterflies... Get out the Harts Guard and Frontline! Our pets got their first application for the summer last night after I saw 2 wood ticks crawling around inside the outhouse.

This card has nothing to do with ticks! It is all about the open sky and the butterfly :) The Pool Party panel is actually a leftover from this card that I had glued to a white card base, paper pierced and outlined with a white gel pen, then set aside for the right inspiration to finish it off.
Another fun detail on this card is the butterfly. I stamped the butterfly image in Illuminate ink on Calypso Coral paper, then embossed with Pool Party embossing powder, then punched it out with the Elegant Butterfly punch. This card is much better in real life.
  • Stamps: Papillon Potpourri 
  • Ink: Illuminate
  • Paper: Whisper White, Core'dinations Pool Party, Calypso Coral
  • Other: Big Shot with Cloudy Day embossing folder and Labels framelit, Festive Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercer and Mat, Elegant Butterfly and 1¾" Circle punch, Natural Trim ribbon, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, dimensionals, Signo white gel pen
We have just over 2 weeks left before the Occasions Mini and the current Annual Catalog are done, and the retiring sets are gone forever. If you haven't made your retirement order yet, you are welcome to SHOP NOW in my store :)

3 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Lovely card! Those colors look fabulous together. And I am so very happy that it is a butterfly on the front of your card and not a wood tick. :)

Paula said...

The colors on this card are simply wonderful. And I love the layering on it too. Hooray for spring! And Boo for ticks.

Anonymous said...

Yay for spring!! Fancy work on the butterfly -bet it shimmers beautifully!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails