Friday, June 14, 2013

Firetruck Hero

Have you noticed the You're My Hero set in the new catalog yet? It is adorable! I have been playing with it a bit and came up with a few ideas. I'm saving one of them for a convention swap, but I will show you this one :)


I have been dying to use the new chevrons BG stamp, and this was my first card with it. I must confess, this card sat for a couple of days on my desk while I tried to decide what kind of card to make it. I know you can't see it in this picture, but the banner was embossed with a diagonal stripe. The banner just fit in the stripes EF to make it this way!
  • Stamps: You're My Hero, Positively Chevron, Four You
  • Ink: Smokey Slate, Raspberry Ripple
  • Paper: Raspberry Ripple, Smokey Slate, Whisper White
  • Other: Big Shot with Stripes EF and Apothecary Accents framelits, Neutrals Candy Dots, Signo white gel pen, Simply Pressed Buttons and Blossoms mold and Clay, dimensionals, sewing machine and thread
 I inked just a portion of the chevrons again and laid the paper on the stamp so that there would still be a strip of white below the chevrons, then stamped the sentiment over the chevrons. I love how this turned out!

4 comments:

Paper Art Garden said...

Cute fire truck. The chevrons are fun and the little clay buttons are really cute.

Anonymous said...

CUte, cute card! As always with your wonderful cards, so many nice details. Love the color and texture combo on this one as well as the oh-so-cute stamp set. My brother is a firefighter so that only makes it even more special in my eyes :)

Yapha Mason said...

What a great card! I didn't even know there was a chevron background stamp! The buttons look like little wheels, too. Super cute!

Paula said...

I love this card. Everything about it! I did notice this cute set but I was trying not to buy it. You have me rethinking that decision.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails