Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Soho Birthday Zinger

While we all wait for our New Catalog goodies to arrive, how about a little love for the Photopolymer stamp set that came out last month. I have hardly played with it! It has some great humorous birthday zingers and I can think of a few people I could give this one too.

The polka dot paper in the background is actually some of the retired IC DSP stack paper in Summer Starfruit and sponged on the edges with some Soft Suede. That made it fit right in with the Soho Subway print that is the numbered DSP, which is where I pulled all the colors for this card. And as you can tell, my Crisp Cantaloupe inkpad is just a little too juicy right now :)
The buttons are made with the Simply Pressed Clay and Mold. I made a bunch of plain ones when I first got my preorder so I could color them any color I wanted. I found the best way to color them is directly with a marker. Quick and easy, but I do get my fingers all inky, lol. Another lovely thing about the Simply Pressed Clay is that the finished embellishment sticks to your project easily and firmly with your Tombow Mono glue!
  • Stamps: Bombs Away Birthday
  • Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Crisp Cantaloupe, Island Indigo
  • Paper: Naturals White, Soft Suede, Island Indigo, Soho Subway DSP, 2012-13 IC DSP Stack
  • Other:Corner Rounder, 1¼" and 1-3/8" Circle punches, Simply Pressed Molding Clay and Buttons Mold, Signo white gel pen, dimensionals
And heads up, there is a quick blog hop coming on June 10th featuring the new colors of Stampin' Up! so don't forget to stop by!

4 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Super fun and cute card -- great colors, too! Love the sayings in that set!

Kim said...

Fun card! I have a friend who'd love that saying.

Paula said...

Very fun card, Tanya. I love the way everything came together on it.

Anonymous said...

FUN! Love the patterns on the different layers (numbers, dots, etc.) and of course the sentiment, ha! Thanks for the tip on coloring the clay.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails