Saturday, September 13, 2014

Ghostly Smiles


It is long past time for me to try to get back on track doing more stuff on my blog. Honestly, this has been a very busy summer for me. I have spent most of my stamping time organizing the Stamp Review Crew, and over the last 2 months, I have been purging my old stamp sets. With that came reorganizing the ones that are retired but I still want to keep. This has made me want to play with some of my old favorites. I have seen so many cute cards with the jack-o-lantern faces from Freaky Friends stamped on the Large Polka Dot embossed paper, I had to try it myself. I wanted this to be a card I could send anytime this fall, not just for Halloween.I don't have Freaky Friends, so I pulled out these 2 sets and this card just flew together! These sets are retired as physical stamps, but both are still available as MDS downloads. How awesome is that?! I can't wait to send this to someone special :)


This is a 4x4 card with a 3¾"x3¾" panel that is embossed with with the Large Polka Dots embossing folder, then stamped with the faces from Pumpkin Patch. Then I took a scrap of the Naturals White and stamped the sentiment from Happy Watercolor in Momento Black ink and the dots from Happy Watercolor in Smoky Slate, stamping more than once before re-inking. I die cut the small banner, and then the next size up in Basic Black. The Black banner just cried to be embossed too, so I had to do it :) The banners are glued together and popped up on dimensionals. I taped the ends of the Silver Bakers Twine to the back of the faces panel, then popped the whole thing up on dimensionals.


Inside, I stamped a black face, a full strength Smoky Slate, and a stamped off Smoky Slate. Now, I need to decide who needs a little pick-me-up!

 Ok, I must be off to bed! I have a bunch of family coming from out of town to celebrate my oldest son's birthday. David turned 25 years old on Tuesday, and my in-laws are coming from 2 hours south, and all of my boys and their ladies, and my grandson are coming! I already made pumpkin bread, and tomorrow I must make cheesy garlic bread from scratch, a greens salad, and some chocolate chip cookies to go with the lasagna and better-than-sex cake my mother-in-law is bringing :) I'm getting hungry already, lol!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute is this!! Sounds like you have been busy! Glad to see you posting have missed your creations :)

Yapha Mason said...

That is adorable! I totally have to try that. What a great idea!

Dawn Tidd said...

Love the Happy Jacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails