Saturday, September 27, 2014

Watered Feathers

I'm back with the second card in my experimentation with watercolor and the Four Feathers stamp set! If you missed the first one, here is a link to it.
And incidentally, it is my birthday today :) I hope to be out taking pictures of the fall leaves and eating out!

 For this card, there are several fewer steps. It came out much more crisp that the other card. That doesn't make it better in my opinion. It just makes it a totally different look!
  • Again, it is a 4"x5¼" panel of watercolor paper. This time I inked up the feather images in Mossy Meadow, Cajun Craze, and Hello Honey, and stamped onto the paper. Then I took my Aquapainter and dripped a few drops of water onto each feather and tilted the paper around to get the water to roll around a bit. Then I let it dry. 
  • Next I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink, and outline the panel with an Early Espresso Marker. 
  • Time to glue the panel to the Crushed Curry card base! Yes, I said Crushed Curry. It just looked better than Hello Honey :)
 Inside I stamped the feathers in Hello Honey onto the Crushed Curry card base. AND outlined again with my Signo white gel pen. I tell you, nothing looks finished without it!

So, which one is your favorite? I can't pick a favorite, I love them both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day! Your card is so pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails