Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Sunset on the Beach


And I am back with another one of the cards I made from the treasures I found when cleaning off my desk back in October! I think I made 9 cards that day in about 2½ hours!
Winter is definitely in full swing here with snow and wind and chilly temps, I know I  could stand to be looking at a sunny beach :)

The treasure I found on my desk was a piece of watercolor paper with the birds from Wetlands stamped in black. I did not have to cut it down, I was able to just watercolor over the birds with reinker and an Aquapainter, then sponge on the rest of the color. I even managed to sponge a nice round sun using one of the Mini Distress pads from Tim Holtz.
After all the sponging was done, I stitched around the border, stamped the "sunshine" and adhered the "hello". The lace was adhered to the card base, then the watercolor panel was adhered using dimensionals.


I repeatedly stamped the birds in black across the inside of the card and used markers to ink up the inside sentiment. I LOVE this card! I will be sending it to someone special very soon :)

What do you think? Do you like this card? Wanna make it too? Here are the supplies I used.


Product List

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails